Tuesday, May 22, 2007

The Journey

The truth is, for four years, my soul has longed for the fierceness that lays in the heart of a man created by God. Somewhere along the line, whether it be due to loss of my fathered years at an early age or to the way the majority of the Church expects men to act nowadays, I lost it. Or even worse, I have realized, I never received it. God has drawn me here to find it. Alongside my 3 newfound brothers, and I use the word 'brothers' emphatically, under the tutelage of 2 true men, Xan and Cory, my heart has already changed for the dramatically better.

In the short span of less than a week, God's Spirit has moved here to break down barriers that most would find considerable, if not impossible. He is here, and He is moving with force. Through the deepest of trials, one of which we have seen ourselves through, and of which I will write about soon, our hearts are becoming the unapologetically rugged and loving hearts they were meant to be. This is a place where men...true men...will be found, and made. I strive to be one in the company of those men.

Be well.
Josh

No comments: